Lucid Dreaming

A sleep outreach project by the students of UC Berkeley's Psych 133 Class - Fall 2009

Hello again!


I was given the opportunity to interview one of my friends (let's call them "P") who used to be a fairly dedicated lucid dreamer. The interview itself was pretty brief and informal, but I think it gives a good example of how the lucid dreaming process is not one that is set in stone; rather, it is an individual experience that takes a lot of time and patience to master.

How did you first get into lucid dreaming?
P : "I saw a program on TV about it, and then I read a book."

What techniques did you find worked best for you?
P :
"I kept a dream journal and used that technique where I kept questioning whether I was in a dream or not during my waking hours. The watch technique (where you keep a watch and look at it all the time and dream that you can't read the numbers) didn't work for me.

What was the best thing about lucid dreaming?
P :
"I guess it's just the ability to be in situations that I can't normally experience in my regular life, like being in a burning building, or trapped in an enclosed area."

• W
as there anything about lucid dreaming that you found to be dangerous?
P :
"No. I can't think of anything."

What kind of advice would you give to people who are interested in attempting to lucid dream?
P :
"It took me a lot of time and effort to gain even a little lucidity in my dreams, so be patient and try as many of the techniques that people suggest to see what works for you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

We are a group of psychology students from the University of California at Berkeley who are studying the interesting sleeping phenomenon of lucid dreaming.

Our blog is dedicated to compiling information from various sources and spreading the word.

Search the Lucid Dreaming blog!